This is the sixth, completely revised, up-to-date, much expanded edition of the Definitive Guide to The D-Day Normandy Beaches. Written to the same highly acclaimed formula as all of the other books in this important series of Battlefield Guides (Somme, Ypres, Gallipoli, Market-Garden, Western Front - North, Western Front - South). Once again the cold facts are interlaced with anecdotes of bravery, humour, sadness and humanity.
This new edition now contains:
- All the landing Beaches: JUNO, SWORD, GOLD, OMAHA, UTAH
- All the Airborne Operations:
- British and American Two Approach Routes;
- Six timed and measured Itineraries
- 21 in-text Itinerary maps, Battle maps & Diagrams
- Approx 400 recommended sites within the D-Day planned area of advance,all with photos, each with Latitude & Longitude references (New for this Edition)
- Over 400 coloured pictures,
- 352 pages Memorials / Museums / Batteries / Bunkers / Landing fields Allied and German War Cemeteries
- Historical background to the landings
- The Plans and what actually happened
- Information about Allied and German War Graves Associations Veterans' and other commemorative associations
- Normandy tourist information: Where to stay / where to eat
- Cameos about personalities - VCs / MOHs / Poets / Photographers etc...